MANDARIN LACE

5:44 PM





Cheongsam: Butik May, Uptown
Earrings: Flea Market

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off I want to start by wishing everyone a very Happy Chinese New Year! 恭喜发财,万事如意,羊羊有成,喜喜羊羊 (Chinese pun intended), it's the year of the goat/sheep and Chinese New Year is definitely a time for unity and reunion,, and for spending time with your loved ones. My favorite thing about CNY is definitely........ bak gua! Hahahaha jokes aside, don't forget to tell your family and friends how much you appreciate them this Chinese New Year, what a more fitting time than this, right? Wishing all of my readers a very prosperous and joyous new year!


Red, in the Chinese tradition, is a color of good luck and happiness, it is also a color used to ward off the evil spirits back in the day. This is the reason why you can see people usually wearing red outfits on the first day of the Lunar New Year. 


This cheongsam/ qipao 旗袍 I'm wearing is an old one I purchased in 2013 for my school's sports day (I was one of the mascots for the Red House) and I initially didn't really like it at first but after altering it I've grown to love it. It makes me look really Chinese doesn't it? Especially with my black hair. Oriental prints & designs have recently grown on me and I've recently started to appreciate the design & style of oriental clothes, not just the Chinese cheongsam but the Vietnamese Ao Dai, Japanese Kimono as well. Growing into my roots huh? Definitely getting myself a new cheongsam next year! 






x

You Might Also Like

0 HAPPY THOUGHTS ♥

 photo adsadadad.png

Subscribe