THINGS I HAVE A LOVE-HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH

4:07 PM

So I've done some pondering in the shower and yes apparently that's where our deep thoughts surface. I actually have a love/hate relationship with a lot, and I mean a LOT of things.

Love-hate relationship (n): A love–hate relationship is an interpersonal relationship involving simultaneous or alternating emotions of love and hate—something particularly common when emotions are intense.

The above description is extremely apt. Ever felt like you just love something or love doing something but at the same time dread it? It may be cause of the price, time you have to commit, et cetera. I'm pretty sure a lot of you would be able to relate to these. So here are a few (among many) of the things that I have a love-hate relationship with. Please do not judge!! 



1. Putting On Makeup
I love putting on makeup! I mean, which girl doesn't? Putting on makeup is extremely therapeutic for me and that's why I like to take my time to get ready and I get very frantic & panicky when people rush me. I love filling in my eyebrows to the best of my abilities and watch that angled arch form. I love putting on lipstick (red? pink? coral? what about a deep fuschia?) and watching myself transform from a hospital patient doppelgänger to a normal human being. I love picking out shades of eyeshadow to blend with each other (as of now my favorites are Buck & Blackheart from the two Naked palettes I own). I love curling my lashes and somehow seeing them practically grow a few inches longer -- of course I'm exaggerating -- with a few swipes of mascara. I love seeing myself look all made up and put together and looking good enough to take on anything.

but...


I bloody hate winging out my eyeliner and messing it up (that little flick is the hardest!) and having to wipe everything off and drawing it again, and messing it up AGAIN and drawing it AGAIN until I realize I just can't be assed to do so anymore and go out like that. The cycle is never-ending. I hate having to put on concealer over my designer eyebags as it's just so ANNOYING. I hate having to wash my brushes every few weeks. I also loathe not being able to rub my eyes whenever they're feeling itchy and resist the extreme extreme urge to do so. And the number one thing I hate... is when I start to sweat and my makeup feels disgusting and all I wanna do is just go home and wash everything off, put my hair in a bun and go to sleep.



2. Starting A New TV Series
Ah, the excitement and hype of starting a TV Series that you've never watched before, be it Suits or Revenge or Gossip Girl or Devious Maids or whatever the newest hype is. To be honest I just listed out my bestfriend's favorites hahaha. You just can't wait to see what the characters get up to, how the story unfolds and of course, the super attractive actors. You can't go wrong with attractive actors. You can never. Ian Somerhalder is a beautiful sight to behold although I don't watch TVD. My favorite TV series has definitely got to be Pretty Little Liars (don't judge a series by its name, they don't get makeovers they get armed stalkers) and having a great wardrobe to go along with the beautiful cast members won't hurt either. 

but...


I hate spending hours and hours binge-watching episodes of PLL and then boom, it's the night time. Where has all the time gone? I was supposed to study Econs like, 3 hours ago. There goes my A. It's alright, one more episode won't hurt, just one more. Boom, another 40 minutes of my life wasted. I haven't watched a single episode since the mid-season finale of Season 3. I just find it extremely hard to allocate the time and find a link that works that doesn't give me a million ads and popups. Damn it.


 
 

3. Going Out
One of my hobbies include: looking up places on social networks to visit. Instagram location tag, you are a lifesaver. So far I have a restaurant list, a cafe list and also a series of screenshots of interesting places and events to go to. I unabashedly admit I have countless photos of pastries and croissants I will probably never get to try. I even have photos of locations out of state or even overseas. It has come to that extent. I love going out and spending time with my friends and boyfriend and getting to catch up and know each other more. I love visits to social events and seeing the crowd, the sights and sounds and I love laughing and exchanging deep thoughts over coffee or ice cream and taking great photos while doing so. 

but...



I hate how fast money goes out of my wallet when I go out. RM30-50 a day, gone just like that. Wanna watch the latest movie? RM12 gone. I could've just fucking streamed it online couldn't I? Lunch in KL where everything is expensive? RM10 gone. Maybe a Boost or Juice Works drink. RM10. Even a meager cup of coffee costs RM10 nowadays. As my boyfriend would say: "Nescafé? None of that shit, people these days gotta have their freshly ground Arabica." Shit, why don't I have any cash anymore again? 




4. Travelling
It's amazing, getting to see sights and places, getting to indulge in the culture of a different country or state, getting to take in all the breathtaking scenery and getting lost in the new wonders that you've discovered. It's definitely wonderful to get to relax on a beach in your new favorite Triangl bikini trying to reenact some photo you saw on Tumblr while sipping on a piña colada (this is a reference to a song Tim has been obsessed with lately) or walk the city streets at night with your bunch of friends, family or loved ones. 

but...




The journey there, it's terrible. The hours and hours of car rides and plane flights that seem endless. The notorious traffic jams you have to endure. The sign boards you see that keep reading "459km" no matter how long you've been on the road. The ass cramps you get from sitting in one position for too long and for some of you maybe, motion sickness and jet lag. Travelling doesn't look too appeasing now. Teleportation would probably come in handy.




5. Exercising.
It's scientifically proven that exercising can release endorphins, and at the same time you get to tone up your muscles, lose weight and there's just that satisfaction you get when you're all covered in sweat that you've worked up from the gym. (Gym sweat and sun sweat are very significantly different) It's even better when you take an ice cold shower after your workout! When you hit a PR on your squats with your boyfriend cheering you on. When you wake up sore the next day, that's when you know it's worth it.

but...



The first step is always the hardest. Yes: the first step to get out of your bed/sofa and put some workout shoes on. The first step out of the door to the gym to lift some weights or do some cardio. One minute on the treadmill but it feels like it's been half an hour. And when your heart rate monitor reads: 28 calories burnt. That's when you really, really hate it. 

You Might Also Like

0 HAPPY THOUGHTS ♥

 photo adsadadad.png

Subscribe