IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD

4:44 AM

Yes, it's actually NOT the end of the world. What am I talking about? I'm talking about when the boy or girl you thought the world of and would do anything for, just leaves. I'm talking about when they look you in the eye and tell you that what they feel for you is no more. I'm talking about all those unanswered texts and 'last seens' you've gotten.

"Easy for you to say, you don't understand what I'm going through."

Just because I don't talk about it doesn't mean that I can't empathize and feel with you. I damn well know what you're going through because once upon a time I went through it too. I know you're feeling like it's the end of the world and that you'd rather stay a hermit in the comforts of your duvet & the security of your poster-filled walls than go out and live your life. I know you're thinking that nothing can mend this broken heart, not even the most expensive new bags or the most sinfully delicious chocolate fudge ice cream. But here I am, telling you that it's alright to be feeling all of these. I'm 18 yes, I don't know shit about life and I haven't even started my life, yes. But who's to say I can't share what I do already know? :)

1. It's Okay Not To Be Okay
Go ahead, tweet emo lyrics and sappy Tumblr quotes all you want. Retweet from @LoveQuotes or @LoveAdvice. Reblog and reblog and reblog emotional Tumblr pictures if it makes you feel better. Save beautiful yet miserable pictures and quotes in your phone. Have a good cry. Eat lots and lots of ice cream but make sure to work it off later. Rant to your friends. Rant and rant and rant. Do whatever that will make you feel better, even if it's just temporary. But remember to pick yourself up after that. Remember to tell you that you're better and bigger and stronger than your sadness. It's totally okay to do all of these. Because I did just the same. People are gonna find you annoying on social media and people are gonna get tired of you going on and on about the same topic but this time, it's not about them. It's about you.

Believe it or not, when I went through a terrible breakup, these were some of the photos and quotes I saved and reblogged on Tumblr. They're beautiful quotes indeed, but looking back it makes me laugh at how unworthy I felt then and how much joy I feel now.





2. Be Occupied.
Go out a lot. Get involved in more activities in school/college. Take up a new hobby. Make new friends. Volunteer. Exercise. Meet new people. Do whatever it takes to keep your mind off it. Sure, at the end of the day when you're alone with your thoughts you'd probably catch a pang of sadness but at least the other 23 hours of the day were spent productively. The more things you're involved in, the less time you have to mope around and feel sorry for yourself. Sadness isn't beautiful at all, no matter what the media says. It's not beautiful and it's not glorious and there's no novelty in being sad. Rely a lot on your friends and your activities to get you through the day. Hold on to these, they will be your biggest support system. Never take your friends for granted, they will be your number one way to get through the day. For me, I busied myself with activities in school. I joined the concert and charity dinner committee. I made a whole lot of new friends that really took my mind off the sadness I felt. And I felt a whole lot better. I slowly got more attached to my friends and more detached to the person in mind. 


 

3. Realize What Went Wrong
Never a failure, always a lesson. Always keep that in mind. Every failed encounter or wishes that never fell through, all of these account for a good life lesson. Think and process the breakup. Find out what you could have done differently or what the other person would've done in another circumstance. There's just so much you can learn from a breakup. At first, you might be blinded and/or in denial because how can someone so perfect do anything to you? This is the time where you'll realize that maybe you should learn to trust someone more, or that being overprotective or too lenient with someone can cause them to go astray, or that you should be slow to answer and quick to listen, or that maybe you or the other person shouldn't have told someone else about your problems as a couple. Analyze everything and you'll eventually find yourself being able to achieve closure, which will in turn make the moving on process an easier one.


  
4. Cold Turkey. 
Cold Turkey: The abrupt & complete cessation of taking a drug to which one is addicted. Most of the time, the other person can be referred to as our "drug" and it may be hard to adjust and accept the fact that you both don't share that special bond anymore. What happened to all those nights spent talking about your childhood, or your love for the same kind of music? One of the very best lessons I've learnt about getting over a breakup is to completely cut contact with the other person. No contact at all. Nada. None. Zilch. Zero. It may be hard but it's honestly the easiest way to get over someone and move on. So many of my friends can't move on from their past mainly because they'll randomly hit the other person to ask how they're doing, or because they still talk to their ex paramour. As long as contact is there, some kind of feeling will still be there. Cut them off from your life totally. Let yourself heal, give yourself a few weeks or months to rejuvenate yourself and once it gets easier, you can consider staying friends or cease to speak ever again.



5. Mr/Miss Right Is Just Around The Corner. Or Maybe Block. Or Maybe Continent.

Saw this quote on Twitter: "Be patient for your Mr Right. He's on the way, he doesn't have Waze." Found that quote quite witty and clever! Most of us are so caught up in trying to get over the other person that we get involved in rebound relationships, fling with other people, try to flirt with other people and spend time with people of the opposite sex but let me tell you it doesn't work that way. Your special someone is on their way, I promise. If you're a reader of my blog you're probably a peer, most probably in your teens. You have such a long way ahead in front of you to date and fall in love and find that special someone. Do not be desperate. You have to learn to be happy by yourself before you can be happy with someone else. 

Do not settle for less. Do not be with someone who makes you feel less than ethereal. Do not be with someone who you like. Be with someone you love. I used to think that I would never find someone that would equal to the other person. But I learnt to be happy with myself and be happy being alone. I learned how to be content with being single because it honestly is really nice and carefree being single! You may think that your new love may never be the same but let me tell you, F Scott Fitzgerald once said, "There are all kinds of love in the world but never the same love twice." Prince/Princess Charming is coming. Don't go out looking for him/her. They'll fall right into your lap. You'll bump into them at a party or randomly strike up a conversation with them at a coffee shop without ever knowing that they're responsible for changing your life.

My new love makes me feel all sorts of emotions. He makes me feel like a princess, he makes me feel pampered and spoilt with his love which I've never felt before. He makes me want to strive to be a better person. He makes me take a step back and look at my life and see whether I'm happy with what I'm doing or becoming. He has a good relationship with my family and friends -- something my ex flame never had. He has goals in life. He's ready to take on the world. He has the perfect attitude. You just know that he'll always be there to stick it out with you. His shoulders are strong and secure enough to hold not only you but your future together with him. He made me love again when I thought it was impossible to love.

You have to kiss a couple of frogs before you meet your Prince Charming. ;)





You Might Also Like

0 HAPPY THOUGHTS ♥

 photo adsadadad.png

Subscribe