Cafe Culture

7:42 PM

I'm back!
Have you readers missed me? Recently I've been absolutely swamped with studies & homework, phew. I'm taking A-levels and it really is no joke. Don't take A-levels unless you're prepared to study 24/7/365. Of course, I'm exaggerating, but it really requires a lot of time & effort. I apologize for the weeks that I haven't been updating but guess what, on the bright side that just equals more content for my blog!

I've been visiting a lot of cafes/restaurants with my friends lately. I have a best friend who's always up for a cuppa and college mates who always wanna try good food! The restaurants/cafes I'm going to be featuring are Jibby & Co., Wondermama and Thursdvys! I also visited Tryst with my boyfriend but didn't manage to get good photos as we went there at night! It was a great experience there & I'll definitely go back so stay tuned!


Jibby & Co.
Instagram photos can be a huge influence on your eating destinations. The best friend suggested to go there and I promptly agreed as a few of my friends have been posting photos of their food at Jibby & Co. When we got there, Instagram was not a lie at all as the place looked fantastic. Really gotta hand it to the architect of the place! The structure & interior design was spot on.

Fun fact: Jibby & Co. is owned by my friend's cousin. My friend's mum owns the Serai restaurants. The cousin's name is Najib, hence the name Jibby & Co. (Company)

We ordered seafood spaghetti, strawberry pavlova, a cup of cappucino & a macchiato. The food came pretty fast, I think we only waited 10-15 minutes before the food arrived. The food looked really good but tasted pretty alright only. Honestly Jibby & Co. is bloody overpriced so I only recommend you guys to go there for dessert or something.

I didn't manage to get many photos of the place but I just have to show you guys the place, so here are a few photos I got from Google! I'll credit the respective photo sources so I'm not plagiarizing.







 Pavlova, (RM16)
Spot on! Enjoyed this thoroughly, albeit a little sweet & expensive.
Tasted as well as it looks!


 Seafood Spaghetti
Forgot the price but it was in the RM30-40 range
It was alright, not that great, really oily, you can even see the oil in the photo. 

 Cappucino (RM11) and Macchiato (RM9)
Nothing too special, tasted normal.
The yellow cups are an adorable touch though!



 Bestfriend's photo.

They had this really cool vintage looking neon sign mounted on a wall, too!
Perfect for photos.
If I had a cafe I would want this there too!




Jibby & Co.
 Empire Shopping Gallery
Contact: 03-5613 7070



 Mini advertorial
R u s t i c w i l d

Dee was gifted these few tops from Philene from Rustic Wild! If you haven't heard of Rustic Wild, it's a homegrown clothing line, birthed from Philene's very own inspiration. The tops are really cute & quirky and they go with almost everything. Definitely be a conversation starter! The designs from Rustic Wild are basically inspired by Philene's favorite movies, childhood memories, best friends & the 70s-90s era (as stated in their website).

The Pastel Flag Crop Tank I'm wearing has really cute pastel colors to substitute the traditional Malaysian flag colors. I think this is something really cute to wear to a rave and especially when you meet people from other countries there!

The Babe muscle tank Dee is wearing is basically a cute spinoff of the old Barbie logo! Loving the cute concept of it!

Head on over to RusticWild's website to check out Philene's collection!












Wondermama
Headed over to Bangsar for lunch with the college mates, Shazlyssa, Natasha & Bryan after class. Such a fun gang to be with! We can literally talk about stupid things and I'm pretty sure our other classmates think we're bimbos because we talk about makeup & clothes sometimes hahaha (Not Bryan, of course)

Had lunch at Wondermama, Bangsar Village! Wondermama basically serves fusion food so you can have anything you want ranging from Asian to Western. The food was really really good and the price is super reasonable as well! I can honestly tell you you're paying for what you get, and the total ambience & environment of the restaurant was really good as well! Well for me, this place is definitely an 8/10 or more! Yes, that's how much I love this place, hahaha.
Again, I forgot to take photos of the place but the interior design was so pretty that you guys just HAVE to see it so, I'm taking photos from Google again and crediting/linking the various sources!
Tip: If you're in Telawi and you can't find a parking, spare RM3 and park in Bangsar Village instead, there were so many parking lots when we arrived there at 2.30pm!
We ordered Spaghetti Carbonara, Tomyam Fried Rice, Nasi Lemak 2.0 and Beef Nachos. Can I just say that everything is so damn good?! I'm totally going back there again and again. If you know me, I don't really like Western food, I prefer Asian food like rice, Japanese food etc so this place is definitely for me!
*At this very moment I'm trying not to drool looking at these food photos because I'm currently on a one-month clean eating plan and I feel like dying looking at these food pictures.... Have to deal with these constant cravings without being able to satisfy them for one more month*

This is the exterior of the restaurant!
Looks good, doesn't it?!

via Jkdrooling
You can view their bestsellers outside on these chalkboards.




 via SuperBaoEr



Fucking delicious
ausdhaiudhaiudhaiudhadadjaodjso
 

Spaghetti Carbonara, (RM22.50)
Served with chicken!

Tomyam Fried Rice, (RM 18.90)

Beef Nachos, (RM18.90)
Served with some kind of cream sauce.
The beef filling was really really good omg.
Drooling so bad right now hahaha


 Nasi Lemak 2.0, (RM16.90)
Comes with 3 pieces of chicken
Didn't really like the vegetables as I prefer cucumber with my Nasi Lemak instead

 Yeah I cut my hair, regretting it so bad right now
Missing my old hair so much!




Wondermama 
G6, Ground Floor 1, (next to Plan B)
Bangsar Village 1,
Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur 

Contact: 03-2284 9821
Thursdvys
I had initially wanted to go to Thursdvys with my bestie or boyfriend but I went around the two main parts of TTDI (aka the Jasema area and the Pasar Malam area) but I couldn't find this particular cafe so I gave up. But then one day Shaz suggested to visit Thursdvys (Our first choice was Podgy and the Banker) for brunch as Podgy was closed and I found out that it was actually the same row as Tadika Diyana!
Okay, you'll only understand what I'm talking about if you're a PJ kid. Hahhaha, sorry! Anyway, so Shaz, Natasha and I went over to Thursdvys for brunch and I fell in love with the interior design and concept! The design was so simple yet sophisticated and nice, and the inside of the cafe just screamed "ultimate hipster"
Yeah.... No photos of the interior again. (Really gotta start remembering to take my own photos!) So here are some photos of the cafe via Google. Again, I'll credit the photo links! 
I had the Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberries and Natasha & Shaz both had the same thing, Creamy Scrambled Egg with Smoked Salmon. My eyes went crazy when my order came, it was so so so pretty and looked SO delicious! 


Tip: Always do your research before hitting a cafe/restaurant! You don't want to pay for more than what you're getting (Negative surplus, yes I've been studying :P)
 via Jiaaqieats


Really like the minimalistic entrance design!






They have this statement orange area where you can take photos at!



 Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberries (RM18)
Doesn't it look so so pretty! It tasted just as good as well
The chooclate is actually the filling of the toast.
There are actually 4 slices of French Toast, 2 on each side :)

 Creamy Scrambled Egg with Smoked Salmon (RM18)
Served with a croissant, some mushrooms, cabbage & tomatoes on the side






Took some photos at the statement wall, too!
We totally weren't posing guys.
It was legitly candid.
HAHAHAHA.

Thursdvys
22, Lorong Datuk Sulaiman 1,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
(Same row as Tadika Diyana/ Presto Supermarket)
60000, Kuala Lumpur
Open Weekdays 10am-11pm, 
Weekends 9am - 12am
Closed on Thursdays


Till the next time!

You Might Also Like

0 HAPPY THOUGHTS ♥

 photo adsadadad.png

Subscribe