Mad About Coco @ Publika Solaris Dutamas

2:34 PM

Sorry for the amount of days I went missing! I haven't been able to find the time to access the computer lately. Somehow something always draws me back here.

Have you heard about Mad About Coco? I've seen the name around a few times and I had a vague impression of it. All I knew was that it was located in Publika and the food was "photogenic". Well, I had no idea how "photogenic" it was. The food was SO pretty and well, it tastes as good as it looks too!

There's this thing my best friend and I always do. We always plan to go somewhere but at the eleventh hour we'd detour somewhere else instead. And this time, we planned to pay a visit to the city but time was limited. Publika proved to be the next best option.

Mad About Coco is located at the block behind Journal by Plan B. Fairly near Chawan! It's on the second floor and they have a cute afro-headed mural on the wall (let's call it 'Afrojack' shall we? Haha I'm so lame). You can't miss it.

A little more action, a little less conversation. I'll stop rambling for now and show you the photos we took!


 



Outfit Of The Day
Kimono top: Forever 21
Black Spaghetti Strap Top: Cotton On
Black Bodycon Skirt: Forever 21
Prada Inspired Bag: Taobao
Shoes (not pictured): H&M
Ray-Ban inspired Clubmasters: Petaling Street LOL why would I need a RM500 pair of sunglasses which I'm probably going to get bored of soon.





Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for....
Behold, the prettiest waffles I have ever seen in real life. 18 years of my life and I've never seen waffles as pretty as these. Of course, Tumblr is an exception.

We had the Tutti Fruitti Waffle (What an adorable name!), Chocolate Goodies In A Pot and the signature Mad About Coco Lava Cake dish!

Tutti Fruitt Waffle basically consisted of two waffles baked to perfection with chocolate sauce poured all over it, little slices of strawberries and bananas, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Mad About Coco's signature dish -- or shall I say cake? -- is a little cylindrical chocolate lava cake, with a little 'Afrojack' cartoon piped on it, served with some strawberries and chocolate shavings! As I'm sure you all know, the conventional lava cake has the hot sauce emerging from the inside of the cake but at Mad About Coco, they pour the sauce ONTO the cake instead! 

Chocolate Goodies In A Pot is typically a chocolate brownie in a little pot-cup thing, with vanilla ice cream over it. At this very moment as I'm typing this I'm starting to feel the hunger pangs kicking in.




 Tutti Fruitti Waffle!



I was stupid enough not to take photos of the interior but I wouldn't let you guys missed out on the uber cute decorating scheme so here are some photos from other blogs! Basically, the whole cafe has this very cute/vintage vibe to it! The super adorable pastel colors would definitely appeal to girls as well. Photo credits: Wonderametse and Jessy The KL Chic





Lee-Anne and Rebecca who were at Young & Ji's at that time came to join us for a bit as well! Finally reunited with the girls again. And what do girls do? Yes they take photos.

 Dee and I with "Afrojack"








If it werent for the shoes we'd look like we were gonna go clubbing or something lol


If you're a dessert lover or you're just craving something sweet, do head on over to Mad About Coco! There's a very pleasant and chill vibe to it, unlike at Dip & Dip where I tend to feel super rushed whenever I go there. And of course, a little chocolate once in a while never hurt anyone. ;)

Mad About Coco
A1-1-9, Solaris Dutamas 1,
No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1, 
50480, Kuala Lumpur.

Contact: 03-6211 9998
Alternatively, visit Mad About Coco's Facebook page!

You Might Also Like

3 HAPPY THOUGHTS ♥

 photo adsadadad.png

Subscribe