Discontentment

12:15 AM

"If tomorrow, women woke up and decided they really liked their bodies, imagine how many industries would go out of business."




Saw this post on Tumblr earlier this morning and didn't think much of it. Probably because I was scrolling on Tumblr pretty quickly and didn't bother to stop and ponder on that quote. Then my brain started working & I started thinking of that quote, so I went back onto Tumblr and scrolled all the way down my timeline just to find that quote. I follow a few hundred people on Tumblr and let me tell you, it was not easy to find at all.



Just a mere few hours ago I was blogsurfing and hopping from one blog to another. All of the bloggers whose blogs I visited were SO pretty, or in Singaporean terms, chio, as most of the bloggers are Singaporean. I even read about them going for plastic surgery and it astounded me (and even broke my heart a little). I swear they were so gorgeous already even without plastic surgery. I would kill for faces like theirs. But then again, to each their own. If it made them feel more confident about themselves then by all means they made the right choice. 



Honestly, I think us girls really aren't that easy to please after all. We're always comparing ourselves to someone taller, prettier, smarter, someone with nicer hair or a higher nose bridge or a bigger double eyelid. Even those bloggers who I found extremely extremely pretty didnt think the same way of themselves and hence decided to alter the way they look. 



I'm sure pretty much most of us wear makeup for that extra confidence boost as well just cause we like how nice it makes us look. That quote really made me wonder if one day, we woke up and loved ourselves for who we are sans makeup/filter, whether companies like Urban Decay, Maybelline, Revlon, MAC, Camera 360, photo editing apps and the rest would kaput or not. It made me wonder if someone really does genuinely think we look pretty no matter how ugly we feel. It made me wonder if the prettiest of the prettiest, the people who we think have it all, have days where they feel like absolute shit, too. *pun unintended*



I myself have a ton of insecurities and no matter how much other people try and tell me otherwise, it will never work because at the end of the day, the only person I'll listen to is myself. 



Hmm just a little thought that has been on my mind since 10pm. Thought I would emboss it here on text on Blogger. :) 

You Might Also Like

0 HAPPY THOUGHTS ♥

 photo adsadadad.png

Subscribe